Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Plum Tuckered




We went into the woods on Monday and picked wild grapes. Even Clayton got into the picking action - he did more than Caroline who was more interested in climbing trees with her cousin Megan. Clayton crashed on the way home, covered in sticky bright magenta grape juice. It was too cute not to snap a picture of.


And here's the fruits of our labors:


The dark colored jars are the wild grape jelly. The pretty pink ones are crab apple jelly. My good friend Brittany let me come pick crab apple off of her tree to my heart's desire. I still have 1/2 a bucket of crab apples to do.

4 comments:

Brittany said...

Nice! What is the consistency of your crab apple jelly? Mine is really runny and I am wondering if I need to add more sugar, cook it longer, or I need to add pectin. I have to recan it anyway so any pointers? By the way, I love the pic of Clayton!

2Shaye ♪♫ said...

Yummy, yummy! You have my mouth a-watering! Clayton looks delicious, too. ;)

Shannon said...

You are amaing in the kitchen. That jelly looks yummy.

Erin said...

Aww...he is too cute!

Your jams look so super yummy. At our old house we had grape orchards all around us (they were for wine) so Dan would always go pick bundles for us to make grape jam. The first year we made tons-then when I found out they were privately owned we stopped picking them!

I love being in the kitchen whipping up new stuff...crab apples, what are those?? lol