Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Mr. Smarty Pants







I have this cupboard that my nephew accidentally pulled the child lock off of last summer. I never got around to fixing it and decided to make it a snack storage area that Caroline can get her own snacks out of when it is snack time. It's been great and she's really good about waiting until snack time to ask if she can choose a goody. I had some single serve fruit cups and applesauces in there (gotta keep it healthy!). Clayton recently figured out that he can also open the cupboard by himself and has discovered exactly what's in there. Most days, though, he just pulls out the fruit cups and plays with/stacks them. So it wasn't a big deal yesterday when he did that like usual. Until I looked down and noticed red stuff all over his face. He had used his razor sharp new teeth to bite a hole in the aluminum lid over the raspberry-applesauce and was sucking it out the top and shaking the cup, sending splatters of reddish mush all over the kitchen floor and cabinets. I figured I may as well make the best of the situation, so we had the applesauce for lunch. Just for kicks, I put a spoonful of it in a bowl and handed both the bowl and the applesauce to him to see what he would do with it. Well, he impressed me - he looked like he's been using a spoon to feed himself for months. (I actually tried to post a video here, but it didn't work.)

No comments: