Thursday, January 1, 2009

Aunt Cindy's Visit


My sweet sister, Lucinda, was able to come to our home for a week-and-a-half long visit. It was so nice to have her all to ourselves for Christmas. (Well, the kids had her all to themselves and basically wouldn't share, but I loved seeing them enjoying her so much! By the end of the week, Clayton thought he had a new mother.) We didn't do a whole lot of anything very exciting. Just mostly hung around the house, chatted and played. Watched some TV & movies. It was nice the few days before Christmas because she watched the kiddos while I finished some things up. Here are a few highlights of her visit:
While I finished up some bows for gifts and orders, Clayton swiped a package of barrettes. He & Cindy proceeded to play "Hairdresser." He wouldn't leave them in for too long, though (Fortunately!!!)
Christmas Eve - getting ready to go to the family Christmas Eve gathering at the other Aunt Cindy's.
Hanging out in the new tent that Caroline got from Mona & Papa for Christmas - complete with two pairs of butterfly wings!
Gorgeous Cindy and her handsome new man.
Aunt Cindy's bravery. She painted Caroline's toenails and then let Caroline paint hers. Pretty much unassisted.
Shopping with Mom & Aunt Cindy. Caroline wore these around the store, followed me into the dressing room with them on and threw a tantrum when it was time to go and she had to take them off.
Riding the Merry-go-Round at the mall. Aunt Cindy's treat.
My babies and their buddy.

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

SO FUN!!! (I miss my sis . . . she was always the favorite aunt!)

Krista said...

Looks like you had tons of fun. How I wish I had a sister :(
What a blessing it must be -for you, not me ;)